Go to Namibia with Travel-Namibia.org
Why Namibia - 10 good reasons
- Namibia is a world class experience in both searingly beautiful landscapes and also of Africa's iconic wildlife.
- Excellent accommodations are available at its capital Windhoek and also outward bound still comfortable at most main sightseeing locations.
- Has good infrastructure in a country with a pop. of only 2 million and where the terrain is mainly desert.
- A must-see surreal landscape and vistas, the Namib Desert is the oldest on earth at over 50 million years as well as the Kalahari Desert to the south.
- Namibia is home to one of the planets biggest canyon, second only to America's Grand Canyon, the Fish River Canyon and is a spectacular 160 Km (99 miles) long.
- The hauntingly beautiful and barren seascape and dunes of the legendary 'Skeleton Coast' where many a shipwreck has occurred.Dinosaur tracks in sandstone 200,000 years old may be viewed on the Otijihaenamaparero Farm near Kalkfeld.
- 19th century German colonial architecture may be toured and viewed in places such as the diamond ghost town (preserved) of Kolmanskop and also the quaint resort town of Swakopmund.
- Twfylfontein is an amazing valley that has the largest collection of rock art from prehistoric times. Also just nearby and seen from this town are the desert elephants whom are legendary for some of the greatest heights of all elephants on earth.
- Namibia's National Parks have excellent facilities, some with restaurants and shops. Most have nightly rental of bungalows with kitchens